Don’t Hide Your Teeth Any Longer
Do you wish you could change the look of your teeth? Does a misshapen or stained tooth bother you? Porcelain dental veneers are thin, custom shells that are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. They are bonded to the front of the tooth to alter its size, shape or color and perfectly blend in with the rest of your smile.
Why consider a porcelain veneer?
Porcelain veneers may be a great option for you if you’re fed up with your smile due to the following conditions:
- Severely discolored teeth — Severe stains, large resin fillings, and health conditions that don’t respond to teeth whitening can be improved with porcelain veneers.
- Teeth that are worn down, chipped or broken — Teeth can wear down with aging or conditions like teeth grinding or clenching. The enamel may get so worn down that it is irreplaceable. Porcelain veneers are a great way to restore a healthy appearance and help you to chew and bite food evenly.
- Other issues like chipped or broken teeth can also be fixed with porcelain veneers. They can restore the shape of the tooth and will look natural, too.
- Uneven or irregularly shaped teeth — Minor alignments can be improved with dental veneers so that all your teeth look uniform.
- Gaps between teeth — Some people may feel self conscious about gaps, and porcelain veneers can close up the space.
While there are several options for treating conditions like these, porcelain veneers have a few advantages compared to other cosmetic dental solutions, such as:
- The base materials, porcelain and resin, make them durable and a strong choice while giving the teeth a natural appearance.
- Porcelain veneers are as thin as a contact lens and require much less enamel removal, unlike a crown.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is very smooth and naturally stain resistant. Foods and liquids don’t adhere to it as easily, which makes veneers less likely to stain over time and keep your smile looking bright.
We are happy to discuss cosmetic dentistry with you in Magnolia. Whether it’s dental veneers or another one of our treatments, we can help you realize a healthy and beautiful smile. Please call our office to schedule a consultation today.